Prof. T.M.Devasia (1965 – 1994, Retired as Principal) –
A renowned and highly appreciated teacher- was the Head of the Department since its inception till 1991. He was the Principal of the college from 1991 till his retirement on March,1994. He started his carrier as an officer in Federal Bank and later joined Nirmala College, Muvattupuzha as a faculty member.
His contributions to the college as Returning Officer for College Union Elections, President of the Employees’ Co-operative Society and President of Students Co-operative Society are worth mentioning. He was a Member of the Inspection Committee of M.G. University for sanctioning courses.
Prof. T.C. Kuriakose (1969 – 1999) – joined the faculty in 1969. He started his career as a member of the Faculty of Commerce, St. Berchman’s College Changanacherry. He became the Head of the Department in 1991. He was the Chairman of Board of Examinations, M.G. University.
Prof. V.F. George (1970 – 2001)
-was the president of the College Teaching Staff Association for several years. He also assumed the presidentship of Deva Matha College Employees’ Co-operative Society from 1977 to 1980. He acted as the Chairman of University Examination for several years.
Prof. George Mathew (1970 – 2002)
– An eminent scholar, was the Head of the Department from 1999 to 2002. He was the Additional Chief Superintendent of the M.G. University Examination. He also acted as the Secretary of the Staff council. He was the Chairman of P.G. and U.G. examinations of M.G. University.
Late Sri. Thomas Sebastian (1982 – 2002)
– was an eminent scholar, a good organizer and a humanist. He was the programme officer of NSS for a long period. He did his M.Phil from Nagpur University. He was on deputation for doing Ph.D. at the same University. But unfortunately just before submitting his Thesis, he died in an accident at Nagpur.
Prof. P.D. Pathrose (1975 – 2006)- Was the HOD from 2002 – 2006. He was an eminent teacher and a good organizer. He did his M.Phil at CUSAT Cochin. He was the Director of Anti-Narcotic Association, Secretary of College Co-operative Society, Secretary Staff Council, PTA Secretary. He also acted as the Additional Chief Superintendent of University Examination and a member of Board of Examiners. He was the resource person for Trainees of ‘EDP’.
Shri. P. J. Cyriac ( 2006-2009)
– Shri. P.J. Cyriac assumed the post of HOD during 2006 – 2009. He assumed several posts in the college such as President of Teachers Association, Secretary of Students Co-operative Store, and P.R.O of the college. He was the Subject Expert of M.G. University inspection commission in connection with sanction of courses in affiliated colleges. Now he is acting as the president of Kuravilangad Service Co-operative Bank, Kuravilangad.
Shri. Thomas Sebastian (1995-2011)
– was the N.S.S Programme officer and Chief Editor of Research Lines. He did M.Phil from Annamalai University. He is also the Chief Editor of the journal ‘Global Research Review’.
Dr. Tharsis Joseph (2007-2011)
– An eminent scholar and an academician, he was the Principal of the college for the period 2007-2011. He started his career as the faculty member of Commerce at St.Thomas College, Pala. He had won a lot of awards as the Best Principal and his tenure as the Principal of the college was hugely praised. He is a research guide under Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam. He was the Member of NAAC Peer Team and Subject Expert for Minor Research Projects – UGC Southern Region. He also acted as the General Secretary, Kerala Research Guide Forum and General Secretary, Principals Council of Kerala.
Shri. V.A Paul (1982-2013)
– was the Head of the Department during the period 2011-2013. He was an eminent teacher and a good organizer. Was the Director of the Career and Placement Cell and Entrepreneurship Development Club since its inception till his retirement in 2013. Illustrated his managerial skill during his tenure as president of Deva Matha College Cooperative Society, was Additional Chief Superintendant for the conduct of M.G.University Exam. Acted as Secretary to the department of Commerce.
– Prof.Thresiamma John joined the department of Commerce in the year 1982. An outstanding alumnus of this college and native. Acted as coordinator of Women’s Cell of Deva Matha College, Kuravilangad. Elected member of College Staff Council. The sole lady teacher in the department for almost 30 years. Was affectionate and a motivator to the students especially the girls.
Dr T.T.Devasia (1982-2015)-
Dr T.T.Devasia retired as the Head of the Department of Commerce in 2015. Organized UGC sponsored National and International Seminars for the benefit of the commerce fraternity. Captained the Employees Cooperative Society for about 15 years. Ornamented the position of the Secretary of the College Cooperative Store and Canteen for about 5 years. As a senior member of the faculty he represented the teachers in the management committee. Adorned the chairmanship of many commissions in the college. Collected books and opened the department library and made it functional for the benefit of the students. Proved his managerial skills while acting as the Exam Board Chairman of U.G and P.G Examinations of M.G.University for a decade. Was awarded Ph.D during the year 2011 on the topic “A study on Housing Finance Services in Kerala with special reference to HDFC and LIC Housing Finance Ltd. by the Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam.
Dr C.Tomy Jose (1982-2015)-
Dr C.Tomy Jose headed the department during 2011-12. An eminent academician and a model teacher who always encouraged research. He was awarded Ph.D. during the year 2009 for the topic ‘Impact of Liberalisation on the Commercial Banking in Kerala’ from M.G.University. He was instrumental in the organization and conduct of the Research Forum. Assisted the principal and IQAC coordinator for getting the college accredited with A grade by the NAAC team.Maintained a good relation with the students even after their college days and captained the Alumni Association. He ensured the invaluable cooperation of the alumni during the Golden Jubilee celebrations of the college.